2005 is the most widely used Image Analysis System
in India. This system has all the features of the MVIG 1005
and many more. Some of the salient points about this system
- Direct reporting in Word / MS Excel.
- Report formats customised to be in tune with the current
reporting style of the customer. Reports will have customers
logo, letterhead header etc.
- Operation of the modules can be customised to suit specific
analysis and reporting needs of individual companies. This
is important when you are dealing with a wide variety of
components / vendors / suppliers.
- No previous knowledge of computers / Image Analysis is
required to use this system
- All software developments are carried out in Pune. Modifications/customizations
in the software are done free of cost, even after installation.
No other company customizes software according to users
- Free lifetime software upgrades.
- Facility for interfacing motorized stage for the micro
Hardness Tester, microscope etc.
- Four optical instruments, like microscope, Micro Hardness
Tester, Stereo Microscope, SEM etc. can be connected to
this system simultaneously, to get a very powerful and integrated
MVIG 2005 has been designed to
form a single fully integrated analytical tool for study and
documentation of microstructures using fast and automatic
image processing techniques. A very useful quantification
of phases, inclusions, defects and host of other data associated
with microphotographs is achieved by capturing the picture
through a high resolution color CCD camera interfaced to the
camera port of the metallurgical microscope. The image is
ported onto a Pentium based PC by a specially designed image
acquisition card for preview and storage.
Separate executables are available for different kinds of
analysis, so that the software “knows” what are
the steps required to complete that analysis and the report
is automatically generated according to the relevant standard.
Our Image Analyser consists of a hardware and software solution,
customised as per the users requirement. The hardware consists
of cameras and frame acquisition cards from leading manufacturers
around the world.
The software is completely developed at our laboratories and
has many applications. Some of the applications are explained
Image Flo: Software for Metallurgical Analysis
The Image Flo embodies
new, elegant, user friendly and powerful image processing
Furthermore, this software supports
true color image processing, allowing
you to distinguish and process a wide range of phases,
as essential in Metallurgy.
Some of the Analysis Modules Available are :
- Grain Size Analysis based on ASTM E1382-91 / ASTM E112
- Inclusion Rating in Steels based on ASTM E45 (METHOD
A) / E1122
- Inclusion Rating in Steels based on DIN K4
- Inclusion Rating in Steels based on JIS G055
- Percentage, volume and area fraction and distribution
of Phase(s) as per ASTM E 562.
- Nodularity or spherocity of nodules in C.I. as per ASTM
E 247, Shape, distribution and nodule count
- Graphite flake length, width, distribution and percentage
as per ASTM E 247
- Porosity in terms of size and distribution analysis /
Particle size and distribution analysis
- Measurement of Pearlite Banding with avg., max, min bandwidth
and length as per ASTM E 1268
- Inter Lamellaer spacing in Pearlite and thickness of
Cementite plates in Pearlite
- Percentage of Martensite versus distance from the edge
in heat treated products.
- Complete statistical analysis of Image, all specific
object parameters, manual and automatic arrangement to edit
stretch, dilate, threshold and erode an image.
- Grain bounding perimeter / length etc.
- Carbide Banding Rating in Tool and other steels.
- Decarb Depth, Plating thickness (multiple coatings).
- Automatic calculation of hardness in different scales
and case depth from images of indentations.
- Macro Photography of Macro Etched specimens for Failure
- Grahpite flakes perforating cylinder liners module three
types - inside (Not exposed) perforating (exposed) and folded
types (manual intervention)
Many more modules are available / can be developed.
Please contact us for specific Requirement...
is an Image Analyser required for Metallurgy?
the MVIG 1005, an Image Analyser from Chroma?
Features and Comparison
Comparison Table For Various Image Analysers